Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Favre Prayer? Not in my Town

What I am about to rant on here simply crosses the line and i'm not talking about the goal line. I'm talking about the God line. That's right, The God Line. It's the foundation, the very mechanism that brought us here to this land. The fact that He was with us when we came here. And we promised Him that He would remain here with us and be our God, our Lord and our Supreme Authority. That in Him, we would trust. That by His principles we would lead the world. By His grace we would supplant our enemies and by our faith in Him, He would recognize and see us through our trials and tribulations as a nation and as individuals. Has that desire been forfeited? Has the commitment been traded? Has a new leader been drafted in and no one told me to turn on ESPN and watch his campaign? What the hell has happened to this nation when I can walk into a restaurant to watch a football game and see The Lord's Prayer, transliterated into The Favre's Prayer? I don't know if you've seen this "prayer". But I tell you what, NOT IN MY TOWN. Not in my city, and not in my country. My God won't be mocked! If you did see this, what did you do about it? Nothing probably. You don't want to look like some kooky overly-zealous God-loving freak. If you haven't seen it, it starts out something like this......... our farve, who art in the dome blessed be thy name and so on through the whole prayer eeeeeekoh! It makes me sick to my core just typing it. Some Godless Idiot, and that's what he is, thought this up. Thousands of AA Idiots liked it and posted it around town and 1 AAA Idiot had the nerve to post it in her restaurant without asking me if I would be offended by it. You see, that's the way it works-this falling away from God as a nation. It creeps in slowly so that anyone who dares to take a stand over it is seen as a zealot or a ultra-conservative or even a party pooper. It's just peer pressure. There is more peer-pressure in this world for adults nowadays just to do the right thing for God and Country, then there is for teenagers. If we don't recognize it, we're in the dark. We're merely inhabitants, not citizens. After asking the waitress who posted that vile ilk in my town and being told that if I don't like it I could leave, I told her I would leave. So, I tore it down, tore it up and left. Got outside, kicked the dust off my feet and drove home. Not before being threatened by some Viking goon fans. But, I got out alive. I'm not trying to brag here about this. I just want people to know they can take action against this crap. Don't perpetuate it by laughing and joking and claiming that it's clever. It's not clever, it's Unholy Plagiarism and Blasphemy. God said that He will not be mocked and you had better wise up. Has sports in this country become that important- that going to the game instead of church isn't enough apostasy? That we need to add more potential damnation too by outright mocking our God in the venues which you were fooled into believing were created for your entertainment? There is a reason why these events take place on Sunday. They are all distractions from serving our God. The one Facebook group you will never see is titled "Sports Fans who want the games played on Saturday so we can worship God on Sunday". Are we going to let this thing that was created as a distraction, cause us also to mock the God who put us into this position of freedom. Freedom to enjoy sports and music and arts and entertainment. Or will we continue to let the leaven mix in and corrupt the whole loaf to the point that we no longer have a God to cry out to? I wish this country's people would get it's priorities straight. Or, have we already determined what path we want to take. It's an individual question. A question that each must answer now. It's getting really late in the game. The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil For Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory forever and ever Amen.

Douglas Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment